Zucchini Bruschetta Featured in Where Women Cook
PHOTOS COURTESY OF WHERE WOMEN COOK
The weather is cooling down and zucchini season is just about over. But lucky for us, there’s still time to enjoy this versatile veggie we’re using in our Zucchini Bruschetta. Crisp slices of zucchini are paired with crusty baguette, chopped garlic and deliciously, salty parmesan cheese. Who knew such mild-flavored zucchini can taste so great? Did we mention this is perfect to enjoy outdoor with friends too? It’s easy and tasty – wonderful for a gathering.
- Zucchini, sliced (or any Summer squash)
- Olive oil
- Garlic, chopped
- Lemon juice + zest
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh herbs, for garnish
- In a skillet over high heat, add a little olive oil and then the zucchini. Add chopped garlic. Don't stir too often so vegetables get a little color.
- Slice a nice bread, drizzle with olive oil, put on a baking sheet, and toast under broiler until golden.
- Toss zucchini with lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place zucchini on the toast, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and place under broiler until hot and cheese is starting to melt.
- Top with fresh herbs and serve.