Tomato + Fontina Bruschetta Featured in Where Women Cook
mediterranean hors d’oeuvres
FEATURED IN WHERE WOMEN COOK * RECIPE BY KELSEY BANFIELD
We love supporting our local farmers and grocers all year round, but summer is particularly exciting with the beautiful array of vibrant fruits and vegetables that are available. Add fresh tomatos and a crunchy baguette to your list of things to pick up at the next farmer’s market so that you can enjoy this Italian appetizer.
- 6 slices fresh country bread
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 thin slices fresh fontina
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 pinch fresh sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush bread slices with olive oil and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until very lightly golden.
- Remove bread from oven and top with fontina and tomato halves.
- Turn broiler to high and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and serve!
PHOTO: WWCook + Paige Hermreck
Always have the big box of kosher salt handy. It goes in just about every dish and, in a pinch, it can put out a fire.