Ladies who Brunch
Brunch may be one of the most trendy and widespread traditions to take part in over the weekend. With the allure of an extra hour or two of sleep, breakfast until mid-afternoon, and bottomless Mimosas, what’s not to love? We personally love the idea so much that we decided host our own brunch, and then put together a list of entertaining tips so you can host your own as well! Shake things up a bit and host a late morning soiree for your closest friends-who knows, it just might become a new tradition!
tips on hosting brunch:
- Choose a theme. Whether it’s rustic and casual, or Breakfast at Tiffany’s, your guests will appreciate the thought that you put into it.
- Play it up! You can choose to keep it casual, but to add an extra personal touch, send out handwritten invitations to each of your closest friends. Who doesn’t love getting a surprise in the mail?
- Buy fresh flowers. Claude Monet said “I must have flowers always and always.” We couldn’t agree more.
- Keep the menu light, but have a good selection. Since people’s tastes vary, it’s better to have a lot of little finger foods for people to snack on than one main dish. That way, you’re sure to please everyone’s tastebuds.
- Don’t forget the drinks! It goes without saying to keep coffee and tea on hand, but we love the idea of having a “make your own Mimosa bar.” This way, your guests can cater to their specific tastes! Some of our favorites? Champagne and cranberry, peach, or orange juice.
- Pick a playlist! Music has always an effective way to set the mood, so make sure to create a playlist that goes along with your brunch