Salt and Spice, A Cocktail that’s Nice
RECIPE + PHOTOS c/o DECO TARTELETTE
A bit more unconventional when compared to your average cocktail, this savory margarita recipe has a lot to offer when it comes to the flavor department. A symphony of tarte limes and sweet, flavorful rhubarb, this unique combination is one that you’ll want to remember for parties and get togethers to come, so stock your bar cart now! To add one final finishing touch, Cassie Winslow of Deco Tartelette paired some Simple & Crisp dried lime slices with sea salt in order to give the infamous margarita rim that extra dose of flavor. Full ingredients and recipe instructions listed below!
- 3 organic limes, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 3 tablespoons Rhubarb Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- Handful of ice
- Dried Lime Salt (recipe below)
- Dried lime + sprig of rosemary for garnish
- 1 stalk organic rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ cup organic sugar
- 4 dried lime slices (I used Simple + Crisp)
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- Place lime juice, simple syrup, tequila, triple sec, and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously. Strain into a tumbler of your choice rimmed with dried lime salt.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a dried lime.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow to simmer until the sugar dissolves and the mixture becomes a thick syrup.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Strain into a ball jar.
- Store in the fridge and use within one week.
- Place ingredients in a spice grinder or blender. Blend for about 10 seconds.
Lime salt is delicious and tastes lovely not only in this savory cocktail recipe, but can also be used in soups, sprinkled on a poached egg, or in homemade guacamole! Experiment with different options- you might just be inspired to create a new recipe!