Roasted Carrots with Lemon Vinaigrette
Pretty Holiday Side Dish
Carrots for us are one of those vegetables that are good so many ways: raw, steamed, cooked, glazed. However, one of our favorite ways to cook them, especially for winter, is to roast them. Flavorful, perfectly tender, and still full of nutrients, these roasted carrots with lemon vinaigrette might just be our new go-to for a holiday side dish, or even just a quick dinner vegetable. Festive and beautiful, these carrots are pretty enough to be the centerpiece at your Christmas dinner, but we’ll guarantee that you won’t want to just look at them! For an even more festive dish, we suggest using organic rainbow carrots in an array of colors to add some color and flavor to your table! See below for full recipe and instructions, and remember that the beauty of this dish is that it will pair well will most main courses!
PHOTO: Baked by Joanna
- 2 bunches organic carrots, stems trimmed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 clove roasted garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp roasted pepitas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a baking pan, toss together the carrots with the extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the carrots in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash the garlic in a bowl with the lemon juice.
- Transfer the carrots to a platter and evenly pour the garlic lemon vinaigrette over the top. Sprinkle with pepitas and serve.