Pistachio Biscuit Donuts
The Trendiest (and Tastiest) Snack Around
Trendier and more abundant than ever, donuts have taken the world by storm – and there’s no sign that they’re stopping anytime soon. Coming in more flavors and varieties than macarons and cupcakes combined (there’s even the popular hybrid “cronut”), here at REstyleSOURCE we are always on board for a good donut…especially if it’s an interesting flavor! Enter, pistachio biscuit donuts. Seriously easy to make (you don’t even have to make the dough!), these little gems are faster to whip up than a trip to the bakery. We know you’re sure to love them, so what’s stopping you? Full recipe below!
PHOTO: Joanna Meyer
- 1 can biscuit dough (I chose Pillsbury)
- vegetable oil, enough to fill a pot so the doughnuts are floating
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2-4 tsp milk
- ⅓ cup roasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Remove the biscuits from the can and lay them in a single layer on a flat surface. Using the palm of your hand, light press each circular piece of dough so they are evenly flat.
- Using a 1-inch cookie cutter, create a single hole in the middle of each piece of dough.
- Heat the oil in a pot (I filled mine to approximately 2 inches deep) to 350 degrees F.
- Add a few doughnuts to the oil to fry for a minute or two on each side. Flip once golden brown.
- Transfer the fried doughnuts to a rack to cool.
- Repeat the frying process until all the doughnuts are cooked.
- To make the icing, add the powdered sugar, cardamom and cinnamon to a small bowl. One teaspoon at a time, mix in the milk until you achieve the consistency you prefer.
- Dip the tops of the doughnuts into the icing, place back on the rack and sprinkle with pistachios.