Persimmon BE GUTSY. IT'S CHIC.
HOW TO ADD A COLOR PUNCH
It sounds so easy when you read it in a magazine: “Just add a pop of color to makeover your room.” And then you try, and suddenly your house feels like someone spilled Skittles all over. Try this formula:
1. Keep the base of the room neutral: floors, trim, sofa, chairs, side table. Go for a mix of solid and patterned neutrals.
2. Choose your power color and slather it all over your walls. It’s just paint. Right now, persimmon is hot, hot, hot. Elle Decor is talking it up. Designers Celerie Kemble and Mary McDonald are using it to delicious effect. (Did you see that orange-hued McDonald salon? Oh, my.)
3. Add two accent pillows in your accent color, and place them on opposite sides of the room.
4. Pick up the color again in one major piece: an ottoman, a painted piece of furniture, or even a side chair.
5. Try for variations on the color. It will be more sophisticated if the shades don’t match exactly.
6. Feel joy.