Pear Pancakes with Cranberry Sauce Recipe by Baked by Joanna
The Ultimate Holiday Breakfast
As pretty as they are delicious, these beautiful breakfast delicacies are making us wish everyday was a special occasion so we could have an excuse to make them! Though Christmas dinner may be the main holiday meal event for most, here at REstyleSOURCE we tend to favor Christmas breakfast! While our overwhelming love of all breakfast foods may have something to do with that, we like to think that it also has something to do with the excitement of Christmas morning, and the anticipation of the day finally being here! Whether your prefer breakfast over dinner, or vice versa, we know that these beautiful pear pancakes from Baked by Joanna with cranberry sauce will add an extra special touch to your holiday.
PHOTO: Joanna Meyer
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Bosc pears, thinly sliced and seeded
- 1 12-oz bag fresh cranberries
- ¾ cups water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 2-inch slice fresh ginger
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the milk, eggs and butter and mix until just combined.
- Lightly coat a pan or griddle with non-stick spray and heat to medium-high.
- Pour approximately ¼ cup of the batter into the pan and allow it to cook for a few seconds. Top the pancake with a slice of pear. Once brown on one side and air bubbles are visible, use a spatula to flip the pancake and allow it to cook through. Transfer the pancake to a plate and repeat the cooking process for the remainder of the batter.
- In small pot, add all the cranberry sauce ingredients. Cook on medium heat for approximately 8 minutes. Remove the slice of ginger.
- Serve the pancakes topped with cranberry sauce.