Peach & Pesto Summer Flatbread
Simple Summer Snack
It’s time to break out those sun-ripened peaches for a recipe worthy of celebrating the last few fleeting moments of Summer. This delicious flatbread couldn’t be easier to put together, and worth the few minutes that it takes to whip up. Fruity, cheesy, and sweet all at once, pair this recipe with a salad, or serve it as an appetizer with drinks for a late night Summer get-together on your porch. Make the most out of your remaining Summer nights; eat good food, and share it with good people! See below for ingredients and full recipe instructions.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 package of Trader Joe's Flatbread
- 16 oz fresh mozarella or Brurrata
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 3-4 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3 oz sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt to tast
- Balsamic Reduction
- Stir balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan, place over high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the mixture has reduced to about ⅓ cup (approximately 10 minutes).
- Set aside to cool, and stir before serving.
- Evenly Spread pesto on 2 pieces of flat bread, and sprinkle the mozzarella or Burrata cheese evenly on top.
- Lay sliced peaches on top of the mozzarella.
- Shave the cheddar cheese, and sprinkle on top of the sliced peaches. Add salt to taste.
- Broil in the oven until cheese is melted and flatbread starts to brown, approximately 2-4 minutes.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction (recipe below) on top.
- Cut into squares, serve with a salad, and enjoy!