Peach-Banana Smoothie Popsicle By Offbeat + Inspired
Healty + Refreshing
RECIPE BY OFFBEAT + INSPIRED
It’s easy to give in to temptation during the sweltering summer heat and indulge in sweet, cold treats. These Peach-Banana Smoothie Popsicles from Sarah of Offbeat + Inspired are a refreshing snack that you can enjoy in the summertime while sticking to those resolutions to eat clean. Make these yummy fruit and yogurt concoctions for a healthy alternative to all of those processed desserts and snacks.
- 3 medium ripe peaches, pitted and quartered (I leave the peel on)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup Chobani non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze. If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can freeze the mixture in ice cube trays or small paper cups. When your smoothie mixture is slightly frozen, just stick a plastic spoon or wooden popsicle stick in each serving and continue to freeze.
- Remove popsicles from their mold. Serve and enjoy!
For a last minute smoothie when you’re on the go, freeze the popsicle mixture in ice cube trays and then transfer “smoothie cubes” to a sealed freezer bag. When you want a smoothie, just add the desired amount of frozen smoothie cubes to a blender, blend and enjoy! (If your smoothie cubes are frozen solid, you may need to melt them just the slightest bit so they’ll blend well.)