A Darling DIY
Calorie free and cute as can be, this darling paper cupcake DIY from Damask Love is just about as sweet as it gets. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, we think that this adorable little paper trinket box is the perfect way to store some yummy Valentine’s Day treats and candy for your littles, or even that special someone. Better yet, make the project together as a part of your festive Valentine’s Day fun! Sometimes the best dates are the ones spent at home with a good craft or recipe (both of which we have an abundance of!). See below for material list and instructions on how to make this decadent little paper cupcake – and don’t forget to make some real ones as a post-craft snack!
- Six triangles die cut from the second largest shape in the Clear & Simple Stamps Triangle Shapes Die collection
- Green baker’s twine
- A red button
- A 1/4″ x 10″ strip of cardstock in the same color as the triangle die cuts.
- One large cupcake wrapper die cut from the Clear and Simple Stamps Cupcake Wrapper Die collection.
- One small Doily to go underneath your cupcake wrapper
PHOTO: c/o Damask Love
- Adhere triangles to the strip of cardstock so that they span the entire length of the strip. I suggest using craft glue for this to ensure best adhesion. Once adhered, thread the baker’s twine through the tip of each triangle as shown.
- Adhere the first and last triangles to create a “crown.”
- Pull the twine to the center and secure with a knot and tie button into place.
- To close the bottom of these little cupcake container, I suggest adhering the cupcake wrapper to something, like a doily or maybe just a piece of cardstock. The Clear & Simple Doily die would work perfectly here or better yet…the Cupcake Stands would be so adorable with this project!
For some additional cuteness, you can add some microbeads to the top of your cupcake like I did to look like sprinkles! Choose a coordinating color for some extra Valentine fun!