Mix + Match Boho Pattern Pastels
A playful mix of pastel patterns
Vintage white table runners, candy colored linens and playfully patterned plates provide the perfect summer setting. This pastel collection is sure to inspire many lovely gatherings. Designed by Rosanna Bowles, these eclectic pieces are so much fun! Be sure to pick up Rosanna’s new book Coming Home, that is filled with amazing traditions and entertaining ideas. We are loving the rustic white wooden table with the lacey pastel pieces. Try our planning tips below for help in creating your own mix and match tables cape.
Party Planning Tips
- Begin with your inspiration- do you have an amazing tablecloth or pattern you are inspired by? Start with your favorites and build from there.
- Pull out your basic pieces and mix in patterns, colors and textures that work with your pieces. Stick with the same color way and layer in patterns, or add in an accent color or two with a solid.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match your dishes, glasses and entertaining pieces. It adds a playfulness to your table. Reach way back in the cupboard and rediscover those hidden gems, you might find something will work in perfectly. Vintage odds and ends work well with this eclectic style.
- Carry your accent colors through with flowers, glassware or interesting pieces on the table. Even your food and drink choices can be inspired by your color choices. Select menu items and beverages that will work with overall styling of the party.
- Don’t be too serious and experiment playing with colors and patterns!
Plan Your Menu
When choosing your menu, select items that compliment your tablescape. Southern sweet tea or fresh citrus punch will be just right with this assortment of pastel glassware. Having an assortment of dishes, glassware and linens on hand makes it easy to throw together an impromptu party with ease.