Loaded Crab Cakes Recipe by Ronnie Woo
QUICK AND SIMPLE
RECIPE BY RONNIE WOO, The Delicious Cook
When it comes to crab cakes, you want more crab than filler ingredients while still maintaining a good balance. This crab cake has just the right amount of extra ingredients to complement the crabmeat without overpowering it. Tasty and delightful, this is the perfect dish for a low key dinner at home – one that is short on time, but not on flavor!
- ½ lb of crab meat, picked free of shells
- ⅓ cup (10-12 crackers) crushed crackers (such as Ritz crackers)
- 2 Tbsp of chives, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup of bell pepper, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup of fresh corn, finely chopped
- ¼ mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire
- 1 tsp of dry mustard
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Flour, for dusting
- Canola oil
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, except for the flour and canola oil. Shape into patties and dust with flour.
- Over medium heat, heat up a couple tablespoons of canola oil in a medium-sized pan. When the oil begins to give off just a hint of steam, carefully place the crab cakes in the pan and pan-fry for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve with aioli sauce and enjoy!
You will need: ½ cup of mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, ½ teaspoon of dry mustard, 1 tablespoons of fresh chives, 2 shallot cloves (minced, sautéed in butter for about 1-2 minutes, optional). Mix all ingredients together and let sit for about 10 minutes.