Kale, Quinoa, and Cucumber Salad Recipe by Ronnie Woo
RECIPE BY RONNIE WOO, The Delicious Cook
While most probably don’t believe that leafy greens can take a meal’s center stage, this delicious assortment of vegetables is the perfect dish to prove them wrong. If you are looking for a hearty and satisfying alternative to a meat dish, try this recipe! You get protein from the quinoa and the kale adds body, resulting in a nutritious meal that will leave you satiated, but not weighed down.
- 6 cups of Tuscan or curly kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 1½ cups of cucumbers, diced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp of aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- In a large bowl, toss everything together plus 4-finger pinches of salt and pepper.
- Finish with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.