Hot Buttered Rum
Warm Mug of Cheer
Talk about a cozy classic cocktail. This hot buttered rum recipe is truly to die for! For cocktail aficionados and enthusiasts, or even those who are skeptical of their alcohol intake – this creamy & delicious borderline dessert is one that will please both parties. Perfect for staying warm on those cold Winter nights, or for entertaining your guests at a classic Christmas party, your friends will be asking you for the recipe for years to come! We love this vintage-throwback! The frozen butter cream is sweet, southern, and melts right in your mouth, not to mention your hot rum! As tempting as it is to eat it plain, we promise that the combination of both is one that can’t be beat. Once you top it off with some fresh made whipped cream and a whisper of nutmeg, you’ll be feeling warm and cozy for the rest of the night! See full recipes and instructions below.
PHOTO: Amy Frances Photography
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (room-temp)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dark rum
- Mix the Frozen Butter Cream ingredients together (all ingredients listed above except the rum). Freeze or use immediately.
- Fill mug with steaming hot water.
- Add 1-2 jiggers of dark rum.
- Add 1-2 spoonfuls of Frozen Butter Cream mixture.
- Top with whipping cream. Sprinkle with nutmeg.