Herb Garden Wreath By Thistlewood Farms
EDIBLE SPICE RACK
CONTRIBUTED BY THISTLEWOOD FARMS
Herb gardens are easy to grow, even for novice gardeners. Try out this easy, edible ornament for your home or patio so you can always have fresh herbs on hand.
Materials and Tools Needed
- Wreath form
- Florist wire
- Fill the wreath with moss. Soak the moss until it’s damp but not soggy.
- Carefully remove your herbs from their containers and arrange around the wreath to your preference.
- Pay attention to size, color, and how much each herb will grow.
- Remove excess dirt on the herbs, leaving the ball at the base of the roots.
- Insert into the wreath and use extra moss to hold the herbs in place.
- Use floral wire to “train” any wayward foliage on the herbs. Eventually the herbs will grow and fill in the spaces.
- Water the wreath once a week or when dry. If it’s indoors take it outside and give it a thorough soaking and drain before re-hanging.
The moss is used to retain moisture and provide a base for your herbs to grow. We recommend using sphagnum peat moss.
Check out your local nursery or florist for availability.