This even more tart twist on a classic Margarita has got us excited to make a pitcher and relax on a Summer porch with some friends until the sun goes down, and the pitcher runs dry. Perfectly paired with some delicious Mexican Food, or even a light Summer salad, we’re sure that you will find more than one reason to enjoy this fabulous cocktail from SEESaltTV. See below for full recipe and instructions, and don’t forget the salt (or sugar) for the rim!
PHOTO: Bailey Carlin
- ¼ cup fresh ruby red grapefruit juice
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1.5 oz blanco tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau
- extra lime wedges to rim glass and garnish
- sea salt
- Add all in ingredients to a shaker and shake vigorously over ice.
- Rim glass with lime juice and gently roll in sea salt to coat the rim.
- Add ice to your glass and strain your drink into your glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and cheers with a friend.
For a sweeter alternative, try dipping the rim of your glass in cane sugar instead of salt. This will offset the tartness of the grapefruit, and will satisfy those with a sweet tooth craving!