Add a little Greenery
As most of you know, even the most well designed spaces can feel a little incomplete without some plants to liven up the space and give it life. Our solution? Enter, the terrarium. These little green worlds are the perfect way to add some life to your space without getting too messy or needing too much of a green thumb! We love the clean geometric shape options that they come in, which will give a chic and modern vibe to any space. You can also personalize yours however you want with various colored rocks, little figurines, different kinds of plants, etc. The sky (or top of the terrarium) is the limit! See below for full DIY step-by-step instructions, and for the products to create the terrarium shown
Materials & Tools Needed
- Utility Shears
- Glass Terrarium
- Garden Scoops
- Garden Water Ball
- Lava Rocks
- Various Plants
- Gather all of your materials (listed above), including plants. Choose plants that complement eachother in size, shape, and color.
- Choose a terrarium. Consider the size and shape of your plants when choosing, and make sure that the one you pick is large enough.
- Make a base. Using your garden scoops, add your lava rock, charcoal, and soil. Using contrasting colors and layers will add depth and interest to your terrarium. Build your layers to desired height, but save room for your plants!
- Next, add your plants into the mix. Arrange and plan your garden inside your terrarium, and mound the soil around your plants to ensure stability.
- Once your plants have been planted, it’s time to clean up a bit! Prune your plants with your garden shears, and dust away unwanted soil with a small brush. Insert filled water ball for accurate watering.
- Make it your own! Add a little interest to your terrarium by choosing unique objects to place around the foliage. Relax and enjoy the terrarium that you just made!