Frozen Hot Chocolate Featured in Where Women Cook
RECIPE & PHOTOS BY WHERE WOMEN COOK MAGAZINE
It may be the holiday season, but “frigid with snowy weather in sight” is not always the case. On those unseasonably warm days, we turn to our friend Frozen “Hot” Chocolate because it gives us the best of both worlds: the comfort of chocolate and the chill to remind us that it is indeed still December. Let’s not forget, this treat is above and beyond satisfying. A true holiday delight.
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 package gourmet flavored hot cocoa mix
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk, ½ cup separated out
- 4½ cups ice cubes
- Almond-flavored whipped cream, for topping
- Mini marshmallows
- Combine sugar, cocoa mix, and butter in top of a double boiler that is set over simmering water. Do not let water come to full boil. Stir ingredients until melted.
- Add all chocolate chips, and stir. When chips are halfway melted, add ½ cup of evaporated milk. Continue stirring until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Combine chocolate mixture, remaining evaporated milk, and ice in a blender. (You may need to do this in batches.) Blend until smooth.
- Seve in frosty glasses, top with whipped cream, sprinkle with mini marshmallows, and share with friends after work.