Farm to Table Pizza
The Unconventional Pie
As Spring moves into Summer, fresh fruits and vegetables become bountiful at local farms and gardens, inspiring creative dishes such as this fresh farm to table pizza from Where Women Cook. A new spin on pizza, this light and fruity dish takes on a role somewhere between dinner and dessert, but is fully satisfying and delicious. As beautiful as it is delicious, it is perfect for entertaining and would make a lovely dish for brunch. For full recipe instructions, see below!
- 1 pizza dough, room temperate
- ¾ cup mascarpone cheese
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2½ Tbsp dark local honey
- 8 oz mild cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced seasonal fruit
- ¼ cup whole pecans/walnuts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a pizza pan, and spread pizza dough evenly over surface. Pre-bake dough in a pre-heated oven for 4 minutes. Remove dough from oven and let cool slightly.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mascarpone, ricotta, orange juice, and honey; stir to combine. Mixture should be consistency of thick pizza sauce; add more or less orange juice to adjust.
- Spread ricotta mixture over pizza dough as you would spread pizza sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella or jack cheese over ricotta mixture to cover entire pizza surface. Add slices of fresh fruit and nuts. Return pizza to oven for 8-9 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and fruit juicy.
- Remove pizza from oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. If using edible flowers or fresh herbs, add prior to serving.