Fancy Farmgirl Coop Tiffany Kirchner Dixon
Welcome to the Fancy Farmgirl’s farm.
Photographer Tiffany Kirchner Dixon’s home in the Pacific Northwest is filled with beautiful treasures, antiques, and – EGGS! She owns over 40 chickens, and has shown how you can create a beautiful early spring table with a few natural [and edible] accents.
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 6-8 1 inch slices, then cubed
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- 1 stick real butter
- 8 egg whites
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange cubed bread in bottom of oven-safe 9” x 12” pan (day-old bread works great for this recipe!).
- Mix remaining ingredients in separate bowl thoroughly. Pour over bread cubes in pan, and stir to coat.
- Bake for 40–50 minutes. remove from oven and spread meringue mixture (see recipe below) over top of bread pudding.
- return to oven and remove when meringue is toasty brown, like a toasted marshmallow, approximately 5–15 minutes. Serve warm.
- Put all ingredients in mixer, or use a handheld mixer.
- Beat until peaks form, approximately 1–3 minutes. Be careful not to over-mix; consistency should be smooth and not stiff.
- Spread mixture over precooked bread pudding and return to oven to brown, approximately 5–15 minutes, keeping close watch not to over brown.