Dark Chocolate Orange Crisp Sundaes Simple & Crisp
Trick or Sweets
RECIPE & PHOTOS C/O EVA FLORES, ADVENTURES IN COOKING
These rich little seasonal snacks are quick to make, quick to eat, and even quicker to please your tastebuds! Take advantage of their festive color palette, and break them out for a Halloween party treat, or an introduction to dessert at Thanksgiving! These dark chocolate orange crisp sundaes are a decadent little dessert in one bite; we absolutely love the richness of the chocolate paired with the tangy Simple & Crisp orange slice. Top it off with some creamy ice cream and a homemade caramel drizzle, and it’s a heavenly combination of flavors! Experiment with various toppings and additions for added flavoring, and don’t forget to share! See below for full recipe and instructions.
- 4 oz of dark chocolate
- 3 Tbsp of caramel sauce
- ½ cup of chocolate ice cream
- Simple & Crisp Orange
- Melt the dark chocolate in the top of a double boiler until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and dip the orange slices so that they are halfway covered in chocolate.
- Shake off excess chocolate over the bowl and set the slices on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper to cool until the chocolate has set. Repeat with remaining orange slices.
- Once the chocolate on the slices has hardened, move the slices to the serving surface.
- Use a melon baller or tablespoon to scoop the ice cream into a tiny ball and place one on each slice.
- Drizzle with caramel and serve immediately, or freeze the serving platter until it is time to serve.