Cookie Dough Fudge Contributed by Offbeat + Inspired
A Cooke Dough Concoction
PHOTOS + RECIPE BY OFFBEAT + INSPIRED
Sarah of Offbeat + Inspired made this delectable Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge from The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook by Lindsay Landis. If you are someone that eats half of the cookie dough before it makes its way into the oven, then this dessert is for you. No-bake cookie dough batter is mixed with a fudge base to create this delightfully simple treat. The hardest part is waiting for the fudge to cool.
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp half and half
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup half and half
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8-by-8 in baking pan with buttered aluminum foil.
- Combine butter and sugars in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Mix in vanilla, salt and half-and-half. Add flour and mix until incorporated.
- For the fudge base, combine brown sugar, butter, salt and half-and-half in a saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted and brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Slowly stir in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until mixture is smooth and sugar is completely mixed in. Stir in vanilla. Add cookie dough and stir together.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature. Fold in chocolate chips and spread fudge into the prepared pan.
- Chill until set, about 3 hours. Cut into bite size squares and enjoy!