Coffee + Vanilla Sugar Scrub
Keeping it Natural
DIY & PHOTOS FROM OFFBEAT+INSPIRED
With organic and natural foods on the rise, people are beginning to switch their chemical based everyday products to more natural alternatives as well. Some may think that you have to sacrifice quality or break the bank in order to have a more natural and healthy substitute for skin care and hygienic products, but we’re willing to bet that you already have most (if not all) of the products that you need to create this divine body scrub in your kitchen already!
We love this glorious coffee + vanilla sugar scrub for a few reasons. Not only does it cleanse and exfoliate just as well (if not better) than a chemical based or store-bought product, but it also smells like a little bit of coffee heaven and leaves your skin feeling smooth as butter. And the bonus part of all of this? With colder weather ahead, there is no time like the present to make sure that your skin is properly moisturized and protected from the harsh temperatures. Plus, we think this sugar scrub could also be the perfect homemade gift for those tricky people on your Christmas list! So there you have it – the most win-win product that you could ever create with your own two hands. Read on below for full instructions on how to make this freshly ground sugar scrub, and get ready to watch your skin glow!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup fine to medium ground coffee
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole vanilla bean pod
PHOTO: Offbeat + Inspired
- If it’s solid, melt the coconut oil in the microwave (but make sure its not so hot that it melts the sugar when you mix them together).
- Mix coconut oil with the coffee, sugar and olive oil.
- Split the whole vanilla pod lengthwise and scrap out the beans into your sugar, coffee and oil mixture. Combine well.
- Transfer scrub to jars for gifting. I split this batch into 2 smaller jars, cut the leftover vanilla bean pod in half and put a half into each gift jar for added fragrance.
- Enjoy your sugar scrub!