Coffee Pudding by Offbeat + Inspired
Brew Up Something Sweet
RECIPE BY OFFBEAT + INSPIRED
This latest concoction from the girls at Offbeat+Inspired is sure to be a crowd pleaser for both dessert lovers & coffee connoisseurs alike. Beautifully simple, yet lacking nothing, this mini-batch of coffee pudding is the perfect finish to any meal, especially a meal for two. Get out your best bold roast and get to brewing, because this sweet treat is sure to be the culinary highlight of your day!
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ⅔ cup coffee concentrate or very strong coffee
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp dark chocolate chunks, reserving some for topping (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cream and coffee over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. (Make sure to pay attention because this can easily boil over!)
- When the cream and the coffee are simmering, slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Cook until mixture thickens a bit, about 2-3 minutes.
- Strain the pudding over a fine strainer to ensure a smooth consistency. Stir chocolate chunks into the strained pudding, reserving some chocolate for topping. Note that the chocolate will melt a bit due to the heat of the pudding.
- Pour pudding into serving dishes and cover the top with plastic wrap. Make sure the plastic wrap lays directly on top of the pudding. This prevents a film from forming.
- Refrigerate until the pudding sets, about 3-4 hours. Top with whipped cream and chocolate chunks. Serve and enjoy!