Coconut + Citrus
Recipe + photos by Beautiful Booze
This Coconut Paloma recipe comes to us courtesy of Natalie Migliarini’s inspirational cocktail blog Beautiful Booze, just in time for summer! Natalie takes the typical Paloma recipe and adds a splash of coconut water as a healthful addition. Top with colorful edible flowers for extra-pretty sipping, and you’ve got an instant party in each glass. And hey, grapefruit and coconuts are fruits, aren’t they? You healthy thing, you. We have a feeling you’ll be sipping on these fizzy little refreshers all summer long!
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 2 ounces of fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces of coconut water
- ¼ to ½ cup of grapefruit soda
- ½ cup of ice
- Garnish: Edible Flowers
- In a cocktail shaker add tequila, grapefruit juice, coconut water, and ice.
- Shake for 20 seconds and then pour mixture into serving glass.
- Top with grapefruit soda.
- Garnish with edible flowers, if using.
What’s That Name, Again?
The Paloma, from the lovely-sounding Spanish word meaning “dove”, is a classic cocktail type that can be made in a variety of different ways–like this coconut variation–but always involves tequila and grapefruit juice. Cheers!