Coastal Refresher by Pineapples, Palms, Etc
Head to the Shore for Spring
Text & Photos by Pineapples, Palms, Etc
Spring makes us think of renewal and a fresh start. While full-scale home renovations are fun, sometimes even small changes can make your home feel new. Here are a few of our favorite ways to update your beach house without breaking the bank!
5 Ways To Update Your Coastal Home For The Season
1. Toss in some throw pillows – Adding new pillows to your sofas and chairs is a tried and true way to freshen up your decor! The Pineapple Girls love luxurious, overstuffed throw pillows like the ones available in our shop!
2. Add a piece of artwork – The right piece of art can transform a space. We love a crisp, white room…but art can add a nice pop of color. Art can also show personality and spark fun conversation!
3. Add a statement chandelier – With so many beautiful options for lighting, a beaded or rope chandelier can add a subtle, modern coastal touch to classic decor. We love the artfully draped Laszlo Chandelier (seen at left) designed by Made Goods, available through Pineapples, Palms, Etc.
4. Update your rugs – Switching out your area rugs is a simple and powerful way to add texture and layers to a space. Rugs are also a great way to cover up wear and tear on your flooring until you are able to replace the floors.
5. Rearrange furniture – Changing your furniture around or even moving pieces from room to room will make your beach house feel like a new space! There are lots of ideas on Pinterest, check out our Design Tips & Tricks board for layout ideas and tricks.