Broiled Grapefruit + Yogurt
If you are looking for something to give you the satisfaction of dessert without the heaping side dish of guilt that comes with it, then this is the perfect recipe for you! From the ever-creative kitchen of Offbeat+Inspired, this broiled grapefruit is sweetly satisfying, and far faster than baking a cake. To cure a sweet-tooth craving in a pinch, this ten minute recipe is our new go-to, and we think it will be yours too!
- 1 grapefruit halved
- 2 tsp sugar or honey
- ⅓ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Preheat your broiler and set an oven rack close to the oven heat source (about 4-6 inches away).
- Use a knife to slice between the peel of the grapefruit and the fruit. You want to loosen all the good fruit from the peel and pith so you can easily scoop it out after it’s done in the broiler. Be careful not to slice through the bottom of the peel since you don’t want to lose the grapefruit juice.
- Place grapefruit halves face up on a baking sheet or oven safe dish*. Sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar on each half.
- Broil for about 5-6 minutes, or until the sugar and grapefruit get slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to individual dishes.
- Top each half with a spoonful of Greek yogurt. Sprinkle on the cinnamon. Serve and enjoy!
Spilled sugar will caramelize on the baking sheet. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.