Breakfast at Tiffani’s
Rise and Shine
Contributed by Tiffani Thiessen
Out of all the folks in Hollywood, we’re pretty sure that Tiffani Thiessen is the friend you’d most want to have brunch with–especially if she invites you over to sit down to the breakfast table at her stylishly designed home. This talented lady is a stunning actress, down-to-earth mom, and as it turns out, a passionate cook as well! “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right?” she says. “I think so.” This recipe for a couldn’t-be-simpler frittata is packed with delicious little surprises like sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese and a hint of shallots, and is super-easy to cut into slices and share with a morning crowd. Pair it with a healthy menu centered around fresh fruit and amazing flavors, and you’ve got the makings of a perfect meal, “breakfast at Tiffani’s”-style!
Start your planning with this Goat Cheese and Sundried Tomato Frittata (see recipe below), then round out your brunch table with the recipes for Yogurt Pancakes with Raspberries, Blueberry Lemon Scones, and Fruit & Nut Granola (available at TiffaniThiessen.com).
- 10 large Eggs
- 1 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ pound fresh crumbles Goat Cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 finely chopped Shallots
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried Oregano
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ teaspoon Pepper
- In large pan over heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots, sun dried tomatoes, thyme, oregano with a little salt and pepper and sauté for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In bowl, beat eggs, cream and salt and pepper. Add the vegetables and mix and set aside.
- In fry pan, (can be same one), heat the remaining oil on medium heat. Pour egg mixture spreading the vegetables evenly over the pan. As the eggs set around the side of the pan lift the edges with a spatula allowing more egg mixture to run underneath. Cook till eggs are done except for the center is still a little runny which is about 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle parmesan and goat cheese over the top and place in broiler till the top is golden brown. About 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove pan from broiler and loosen edges of frittata with spatula and carefully slide it onto a serving platter. Cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm.