Bourbon Cider Cocktail with Cinnamon + Ginger
A chilled “warm” drink
RECIPE BY OFFBEAT + INSPIRED
The cheerful rattle of a cocktail shaker tells us it’s time for a celebration. No matter the occasion – big or small – mixing bourbon, ginger, cinnamon and apple cider together is definitely a recipe for success. The chill of this drink may have you believe this is not a drink to cozy up to, but we can guarantee the warmth of the bourbon will leave you satisfied. Enjoy a glass of this tart, yet sweet drink for us.
- 1½ oz bourbon
- 2 oz apple cider
- ½ oz freshly squeezed
- lemon juice
- ½ oz Cinnamon-Ginger Simple Sugar
- Ice Cubes
- 1 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh ginger
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Add water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium, add the rest of the ingredients and stir constantly until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Syrup with thicken a bit. Once it has cooled, remove ginger pieces and cinnamon stick.
- Use in your favorite cocktail or store in the refrigerator in a well sealed container for up to 6 months.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- Pour into a chilled glass and enjoy!