Banana Yogurt Bundt Bread Featured in Where Women Cook
A Comforting Classic
Warm and inviting, this homemade banana bread recipe from Where Women Cook is the ultimate companion for a warm cup of coffee. Using Greek yogurt as an alternative to butter or oil not only makes this a healthier choice than a standard banana bread recipe, but it also adds unique tanginess to the flavor, and keeps the bread soft and moist. Top if off with a few sprinkles of confectioner’s sugar for a final touch of sweetness, and you are good to go! Get cozy in a blanket with your favorite book, and enjoy some of this easy-to-make homemade banana bread for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert! Full recipe and instructions below.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 10-inch bundt pan with non-stick spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together with a hand mixer on medium-high speed until nice and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, bananas, and yogurt. Reduce speed to medium and slowly add flour, baking soda, and salt until well-combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until done. Allow bread to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes.
- To release bread, slowly and carefully grab sides of pan and gently shake it up and down, side to side, to loosen bread before inverting it onto a wire rack to cool. If desired, dust cake with powdered sugar.