Back to School Prep
“Fall” Into Preppy Chic with Us
Something about the very beginning of fall just seems to inspire us to make a fresh start–whether you’re starting first grade, grad school, a new job, or just giving the house a good freshening-up for the season, we’d bet you’re feeling those “back to school” vibes just like we are! Join us in a celebration of all things preppy, chic and school-inspired, with this curated collection of REstyle Picks. Think Ivy League chic, but with a modern twist–like a classic prep school blazer paired with sleek jewelry, or a posh leather sofa lightened up with wide buffalo check pillows and an Eames-inspired chair. Leather, canvas and plaid dominate this trend, reminding us of the utilitarian-chic backpacks and sturdy book totes carried by students, as well as a stylish take on school uniforms. Ready to sharpen your No. 2 pencils and get started? Here are four ways to get your surroundings ready for autumn’s academic vibes…and don’t miss our Pinterest board and REstyle Picks for even more inspiration!
4 Ways to Get Fall-Ready
- Fall Cleaning – Exactly what it sounds like…this is spring cleaning’s lesser-known (but just as necessary) cousin, fall cleaning. Give your home a thorough once-over on the inside and outside before guests begin arriving for the holidays. Shake out the rugs, clean the gutters, clip back the hedges and garden….and then sit back and relax for the season! Spiced apple cider, anyone?
- Bring Out the Cozy Accessories – Getting your home ready for the cooler months means swapping out summer-weight pillows and throws for cozier wools and flannels…it’s also a great time to pull out any “entertaining” pieces (fancy roasting platters, candlesticks, pitchers, etc) that only see real action around the holidays. The same goes for your wardrobe: away go the flowery summer camisoles and strappy sandals, and out come the cozy scarves and boots…all the comforts of fall!
- Add Some Plaid – The ultimate prep school symbol, plaids and tartans are also the unofficial symbol of fall. Weave a little plaid magic into your surroundings with checked throw pillows, a new table runner, cute pleated skirts or a handbag.
- Back to School Chic – Send your style literally “back to school” with classroom-inspired details. A schoolhouse globe lamp strikes just the right vintage chic note, along with elementary school-inspired stools and chairs.
Want To Head “Back to School” with Us?
Follow our Pinterest board for a constantly updated source of preppy fall chic…and don’t forget to check out the REstyle Picks below for the products and brands you need to create a cute, back-to-school-inspired look!
Get This Look!
1. Luxe Tote Navy 2. Teakwood Water Bottle 3. Nashville Assorted Pencils 4. Pen Eraser 5. Everything Backpack 6. Leatherback Writer in Smoke 7. Navy Burnside Buffalo Check Pillow 8. Leather Chair 9. Lunch Bag 10. Sweetzer Step-Through Bicycle 11. Lucy Sunglasses 12. Academy Scarf 13. Pencil Holder