Authentic Mexican Caesar Salad
The Real Deal
While most people have eaten Caesar Salad many times in their life, what few of them realize is that this crowd pleasing staple actually originated in Mexico! Taking us back to this salad’s authentic roots, SEESaltTV created this quick and easy Authentic Mexican Caesar salad recipe to keep you satisfied and refreshed during these hot Summer months! We love the extra kick of added flavor in this modified recipe, and are sure that you will too! For full recipe and video instructions, see below!
- 1 coddled egg
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- homemade croutons
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced + extra clove to rub on bowl
- ½ tsp anchovy paste
- ⅛ tsp dijon mustard
- ½ lemon juiced (about ⅛ cup)
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Whisk olive oil, garlic, anchovy paste, dijon, lemon, salt and pepper together. Set aside to dress your salad.
- Rub your bowl with a clove of garlic. (preferably a wood bowl).
- Crack your coddled egg into the bowl and whisk with a fork, swirling around the bottom.
- Roughly tear romaine lettuce into your bowl. Add croutons, parmesan cheese and dressing.
- Toss very well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serving on chilled plates makes this salad extra special!