Apple Pie Smoothie Simple & Crisp
Dessert in a Cup
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we know that your to-do list is probably stacked high. However, add some extra flair to your table with this refreshing and unexpected dessert option. Sneakily healthy, delicious, and the next best thing to a slice of homemade apple pie, this apple pie smoothie can be the easiest part of your Thanksgiving meal. Set five minutes aside to create this tasty masterpiece, and the payoff will be big – serve it up as an appetizer, a pairing with actual apple pie, or as a last resort to tide over hungry tummies before the big meal. Whatever you do, just don’t forget to enjoy one yourself.
- ⅓ cup raw, unsalted cashews
- ¼ cup dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond or soy milk
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Simple & Crisp Apple
- In a small bowl, soak the cashews and dates in water (use just enough water to cover them) for 20 minutes at room temperature. Drain.
- Add all the ingredients except your Simple & Crisp Apple to your blender and blend on high until well combined and smooth.
- Pour into glasses.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a Simple & Crisp Apple slice.
- Enjoy immediately with additional Simple & Crisp Apple slices for snacking.
PHOTO: Floating Kitchen
For an optional dose of extra flavor, try adding a splash of your favorite bourbon or rum!